Research Topics and Speculation about Art and Public Space by Scottish artist Matt Baker

Tuesday 14 September 2010

walking with the wind

A lovely morning today - I was invited to take part in a film being made about Japanese artist Susumu Shingu by Thomas Riedelsheimer (best known for his film about Andy Goldsworthy- Rivers and Tides).
We went up to Cairnsmore to see my work (landscape menu) there and spent a wonderful bright, clear and windy time walking and talking. 
 Susumu Shingu- right (with my sculpture Erratic) and Thomas Reidelsheimer with camera
 Susumu pulling Erratic - photo Yasuko Shingu

Susumu is in Dumfries and Galloway to develop a one of his long term projects integrating mechanisms that dance with wind and a form of creative laboratory. He is a lovely man with enormous artistic integrity and talent - I'm totally behind what he is doing and I hope others in the region can help him too. I do recommend he brings some boots next time though..

No comments:

Post a Comment