Research Topics and Speculation about Art and Public Space by Scottish artist Matt Baker

Sunday 26 February 2017

Own a Piece of Glasgow History


The Attendants was an artwork I made for the Gorbals in Glasgow in 2000 - for the last 17 years the set of 12 figures have watched over the close entrances along Cathcart Road and Caledonia Road. Also for 17 years I have been looking after the Artists Proof casting for the set - but I am about to move studio and have no space for the sculpture at my new place...so I am offering it for sale.




The sculpture is cast in aluminium, it weighs approx 80kg and is about 2.4 metres between the 'wingtips'

It can be installed in a number of ways and I have some of the original poles and brackets from the Gorbals installation...alternatively you might want to try something different - like the tree install that I did in my garden once:






I never cease to be amazed by how many recognise 'the angels' - if you own one you will never be short on conversation starters!

If I cannot sell the sculpture I will have to sell it for scrap - I'm asking in the region of £1000 for the sculpture (buyer collects) - if you are interested, then please make me an offer - email me here

No comments:

Post a Comment