....Research Topics and Speculation about Art and Public Space by Scottish Citizen and artist Matt Baker

Sunday, 26 February 2017

Own a Piece of Glasgow History


The Attendants was an artwork I made for the Gorbals in Glasgow in 2000 - for the last 17 years the set of 12 figures have watched over the close entrances along Cathcart Road and Caledonia Road. Also for 17 years I have been looking after the Artists Proof casting for the set - but I am about to move studio and have no space for the sculpture at my new place...so I am offering it for sale.




The sculpture is cast in aluminium, it weighs approx 80kg and is about 2.4 metres between the 'wingtips'

It can be installed in a number of ways and I have some of the original poles and brackets from the Gorbals installation...alternatively you might want to try something different - like the tree install that I did in my garden once:






I never cease to be amazed by how many recognise 'the angels' - if you own one you will never be short on conversation starters!

If I cannot sell the sculpture I will have to sell it for scrap - I'm asking in the region of £1000 for the sculpture (buyer collects) - if you are interested, then please make me an offer - email me here

1 comment:

  1. It was a great information and Its really worth reading it. The author did an mind blowing work by describing each and every concept in detail. Thanks for such an informative post. Please keep up your good work.
    Marine Colleges in Chennai, Engineering Colleges In Chennai

    ReplyDelete